Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fish, Chips and Mushy Peas

It's my last day in the UK. Yesterday I was able to tick a few more things off my To Do list. I went and had dinner with my old music teacher, saw a few of my friends and did a lot of catching up with them. Today I have to pack. Seriously pack. And that's the number one priority. I've also got a hair appointment at 1pm, which is lovely as I've not had my hair done since January and believe me it needs it!

Tonight I'm going out for dinner with my sister and parents. They said I could choose where we go. It felt a little bit like choosing what to have for your last meal, not that I feel like I'm on death row - I'm very excited to go to Sweden tomorrow! But just because I knew this choice would really matter. So I choose the local Fish&Chips restaurant, and I am going to have Fish, Chips and Mushy Peas. Since coming home I've had a need to eat them. I think it's the Britishness of it. I must confess, since coming home, I've lost count of the number of times I've had Fish, Chips and Mushy Peas. Everytime it's been available on the menu, I've had to have it. I think tonight might bring the total to 8, since the beginning of July. Which wouldn't be too bad, but I'm sure most people don't have it more than once a week!

I'll be sure to let you all know if the Fish, Chips and Mushy Peas are everything I hoped they would be.

KJ x

No comments:

Post a Comment